The TFOL Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Made by TFOLs, run by TFOLs, and only for TFOLs.

HomeFrontpageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Fun" Chat!

Go down 
+15
Ehh
SaberCascade
Wangster
Medieval Guy
Hayden.
Mangatsika
Eric 'Hawk' Mickle
Caleb Z.
E.K.O.
Athanasios
Ben
Ru
Aree't'sa
Owen S.
Deus Otiosus
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
Medieval Guy
Medieval Guy

"Fun" Chat! - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   "Fun" Chat! - Page 19 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 6:15 am

Owen S. wrote:
Medieval Guy wrote:
Mangatsika wrote:
Medieval Guy wrote:
Eric 'Hawk' Mickle wrote:

What is this obsession people have with rediculousy small equipment?
I don't understand it at all. Small screen = hard to read/use.
The screens aren't that small. They're like 13 inches diagonal.
I was talking about other stuff, not your computer. Everyone gets so excited when some tiny new devoce comes out, which seems silly to me.
Tiny isn't bad. I have the new iPod Nano, which is about 1.5 inches long and wide. It works fine for me.
But if you're trying to read and/or type on the screen it's too small.
Back to top Go down
Mangatsika
Established Member
Established Member
Mangatsika

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   "Fun" Chat! - Page 19 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 6:20 am

Mangatsika wrote:
Just because Al Gore is an idiot doesn't mean the theory is incorrect (logical fallacy #1: ad hominem)
Points of Interest:

1) Al Gore is one of the leading fools for this hoax.

2) The Earth's climate fluctuates every few thousand years.

3) Cows, decomposing leaves, and volcanos have spewed more pollution than humans ever have.

Theory falsified, your welcome.
1. Al Gore made a movie about it, nobody remembers him anymore, whatever.

2. While this is somewhat true, the problem is the pace at which it is happening. It's not natural for the climate to be changing at the speed it is.

3. Humans are removing natural carbon sinks (forests and jungles and such), meaning the the amount of pollution the cows, leaves and volcanoes have emitted over thousands and thousands of years (never mind it being compounded with the amount of pollution humans have released over a much shorter time frame) isn't able to be safely converted back into oxygen.

And heck, even if global warming and climate change aren't true, the way most people are living simply isn't sustainable for a population of 7 billion. And everyone is suffering because of it.

Theory defended, you're welcome.
Back to top Go down
Eric 'Hawk' Mickle
Established Member
Established Member
Eric 'Hawk' Mickle

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   "Fun" Chat! - Page 19 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 6:55 am

Medieval Guy wrote:
1) He IS a fool, but that doesn't disprove global warming in the slightest.

2) Yes, but this much? No.

3) Really? Even if that is true (I don't know if it is, can you show us some numbers?), that is a part of Nature's cycle. Humans have added way more than their fair share of pollutents to our atmosphere.
1) It should make you question it.

2) This much, yes. Remember the ice age?

3) Can't find that article, I'll keep you posted. But you must have ignored the part about "MORE than human EVER have."

Mangatsika wrote:

2. While this is somewhat true, the problem is the pace at which it is happening. It's not natural for the climate to be changing at the speed it is.

3. Humans are removing natural carbon sinks (forests and jungles and such), meaning the the amount of pollution the cows, leaves and volcanoes have emitted over thousands and thousands of years (never mind it being compounded with the amount of pollution humans have released over a much shorter time frame) isn't able to be safely converted back into oxygen.

And heck, even if global warming and climate change aren't true, the way most people are living simply isn't sustainable for a population of 7 billion. And everyone is suffering because of it.

1) I remember how stupid he is.

2) Like I said to the guy above you: remember the ice age? That was pretty extreme.

3) A few volcanos can emit more pollutents than can be combated by a world covered in forests.

I am aware of over-population.

Also, the 'your welcome' thing, is my thing. =P
Back to top Go down
Medieval Guy
Medieval Guy

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   "Fun" Chat! - Page 19 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 7:08 am

Ice Age argument
The ice age was NOT a part of the cycle. That was an abnormal disastor caused by (according to scientists (who apparently never agree on anything)) either a volcanic eruption or a meteor.
Back to top Go down
Mangatsika
Established Member
Established Member
Mangatsika

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   "Fun" Chat! - Page 19 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 7:55 am

Medieval Guy wrote:
Ice Age argument
The ice age was NOT a part of the cycle. That was an abnormal disastor caused by (according to scientists (who apparently never agree on anything)) either a volcanic eruption or a meteor.
Not quite. The Earth has had quite a few Ice Ages, in fact. They are quite natural.
Back to top Go down
Medieval Guy
Medieval Guy

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   "Fun" Chat! - Page 19 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:05 am

Mangatsika wrote:
Medieval Guy wrote:
Ice Age argument
Not quite. The Earth has had quite a few Ice Ages, in fact. They are quite natural.
This was the "major" one though. It was caused by the catastrophy that wiped out the dinosaurs, which was not a part of the natural cycle.
Back to top Go down
Mangatsika
Established Member
Established Member
Mangatsika

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   "Fun" Chat! - Page 19 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:07 am

Mangatsika wrote:

1) I remember how stupid he is.

2) Like I said to the guy above you: remember the ice age? That was pretty extreme.

3) A few volcanos can emit more pollutents than can be combated by a world covered in forests.

I am aware of over-population.

Also, the 'your welcome' thing, is my thing. =P
1. I'm pretty sure this part of the argument is over

2. While they might seem related, you can't use the ice age to argue in the case of global warming. Global warming is the human-driven increase in temperature (along with other effects) due to the release of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere, and although is may seem to be in the same vein, they are different enough not to be seen as two sides of the same coin.

3. Source?

While I'm not a know-it-all on the subject, I have faith in the ~90% of the scientific community that recognizes global warming, its causes and its effects.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Brian
Doing Well Enough
Doing Well Enough

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   "Fun" Chat! - Page 19 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:11 am

Any of y'all have Minecraft, Steam, PSN, or American Conquest: Divided Nation? I'd like to play with some of you.

Oh, and what kind of building style do you guys have?

Another quick question, but throwing it out there, my uncle pointed out Newt Gingrich looked like a LEGO fig. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Medieval Guy
Medieval Guy

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   "Fun" Chat! - Page 19 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:13 am

Brian wrote:

What kind of building style do you guys have?
Check out the "Lego Themes" part of the forum. We post our MOCs there.
Back to top Go down
Brian
Doing Well Enough
Doing Well Enough

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   "Fun" Chat! - Page 19 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:19 am

Medieval Guy wrote:
Brian wrote:

Alright. Just curious, thought it would be cool to kind of bounce ideas off each other and explain why we build like we do, but okay.
Back to top Go down
Mangatsika
Established Member
Established Member
Mangatsika

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   "Fun" Chat! - Page 19 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:25 am

Deus Otiosus wrote:
Mangatsika wrote:
Mangatsika wrote:
You think it's a hoax too? My lord... I hope you have some reason other than "the government wants more of our taxpayer dollars."
If Al Gore was serious about cutting back he'd give up his private jet and live in a smaller house.
Just because Al Gore is an idiot doesn't mean the theory is incorrect (logical fallacy #1: ad hominem)
Ha! But you forgot that poltitians are physically unable to speak thruth!
Mandela was a politician.
Gandhi was a politician.
Jimmy Carter was a politician.
Lester B. Pearson was a politician.

...yaknow. Just saying.
Back to top Go down
Brian
Doing Well Enough
Doing Well Enough

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   "Fun" Chat! - Page 19 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:31 am

Have any of you guys heard of Conquest and Consequence on the Pages?

My view on Globe Warming is mainly, "I'm a teenager, I build with lego. It doesn't have place in my life." I don't even pay attention to science outside of Space and Military Developments.
Back to top Go down
Medieval Guy
Medieval Guy

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   "Fun" Chat! - Page 19 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:44 am

Brian wrote:

My view on Globe Warming is mainly, "I'm a teenager, I build with lego. It doesn't have place in my life." I don't even pay attention to science outside of Space and Military Developments.
Dude. Do you have any idea how extremely important science is to your life? What is technology but applied science? And from another perspective, science often the difference between life and death. Millions of lives have been saved by science! And in the case of Global Warming... science has given us a chance to see the err of our ways, and if we're smart, the ability to save our planet. That is why this stuff matters too you.
Back to top Go down
Medieval Guy
Medieval Guy

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   "Fun" Chat! - Page 19 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:47 am

Brian wrote:
Medieval Guy wrote:
Brian wrote:

Alright. Just curious, thought it would be cool to kind of bounce ideas off each other and explain why we build like we do, but okay.
Sure, we can talk about that. I was just showing you what we've built, so that you could get a feel for it.
Back to top Go down
Owen S.
Owen S.

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   "Fun" Chat! - Page 19 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:50 am

Agreed, let's get off the subject of global warming and have a casual chat. What's up, guys?
Back to top Go down
Medieval Guy
Medieval Guy

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   "Fun" Chat! - Page 19 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:52 am

Owen S. wrote:
Agreed, let's get off the subject of global warming and have a casual chat. What's up, guys?
The temperature of the Earth.
Back to top Go down
Brian
Doing Well Enough
Doing Well Enough

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   "Fun" Chat! - Page 19 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:03 am

What's up?

Well, I'm talking to my girlfriend, you guys, uh, sitting at my computer on a beautiful mountain in South Carolina, and chilling with family.
Back to top Go down
Eric 'Hawk' Mickle
Established Member
Established Member
Eric 'Hawk' Mickle

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   "Fun" Chat! - Page 19 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 6:40 pm

@Global Warming Hoax Argument

Dozed off, mainly because debates are pointless. Each side opens up with an artillery of 'facts', but instead of listening to the other side, they dig their trenches and continue attacks. Nobody really wins, everyone loses.

For the record: I don't believe in this theory.
Back to top Go down
Eric 'Hawk' Mickle
Established Member
Established Member
Eric 'Hawk' Mickle

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   "Fun" Chat! - Page 19 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 6:49 pm

Brian wrote:
Another quick question, but throwing it out there, my uncle pointed out Newt Gingrich looked like a LEGO fig. Thoughts?
He's too fat to be a minifig.
Back to top Go down
Owen S.
Owen S.

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   "Fun" Chat! - Page 19 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 7:35 pm

Brian wrote:
He's too fat to be a minifig.
He could be a maxfig.
Back to top Go down
Deus Otiosus
Deus Otiosus

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   "Fun" Chat! - Page 19 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 7:41 pm

Medieval Guy wrote:
Mangatsika wrote:
Points of Interest:

3) Cows, decomposing leaves, and volcanos have spewed more pollution than humans ever have.

1) He IS a fool (if I've heard right, though I'm no expert), but that doesn't disprove global warming in the slightest.

2) Yes, but this much? No.

3) Really? Even if that is true (I don't know if it is, can you show us some numbers?), that is a part of Nature's cycle. Humans have added way more than their fair share of pollutents to our atmosphere.
There were wineyards in Northern Scotland 500 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Deus Otiosus
Deus Otiosus

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   "Fun" Chat! - Page 19 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 7:41 pm

Mangatsika wrote:
Mangatsika wrote:
Points of Interest:

Rainforests add less than 0.5% oxigen to the atmosphere.
Only the fish that are caught can feed over 8 billion people.
Back to top Go down
Deus Otiosus
Deus Otiosus

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   "Fun" Chat! - Page 19 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 7:43 pm

Medieval Guy wrote:
Ice Age argument
It was natural, like the dozen ice ages before the one you guys are talking about.
Back to top Go down
Deus Otiosus
Deus Otiosus

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   "Fun" Chat! - Page 19 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 7:46 pm

@Global Warming Hoax Argument

Dozed off, mainly because debates are pointless. Each side opens up with an artillery of 'facts', but instead of listening to the other side, they dig their trenches and continue attacks. Nobody really wins, everyone loses.

Oops, didn't notice it. Just saw page 32.
Back to top Go down
Ben
Root Admin
Root Admin
Ben

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   "Fun" Chat! - Page 19 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:47 pm

Mangatsika wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
Mangatsika wrote:
Mangatsika wrote:
You think it's a hoax too? My lord... I hope you have some reason other than "the government wants more of our taxpayer dollars."
If Al Gore was serious about cutting back he'd give up his private jet and live in a smaller house.
Gandhi was a politician.

...yaknow. Just saying.

Yeah, and they spoke (feces), your point is?
Back to top Go down
Ben
Root Admin
Root Admin
Ben

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   "Fun" Chat! - Page 19 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:47 pm

Ditto.
Back to top Go down
Mangatsika
Established Member
Established Member
Mangatsika

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   "Fun" Chat! - Page 19 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 11:32 pm

Ben wrote:
Mangatsika wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
Mangatsika wrote:

Gandhi was a politician.

...yaknow. Just saying.

Wait, what?!

You honestly think all of the above people aren't great for their achievements?
Back to top Go down
Ben
Root Admin
Root Admin
Ben

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   "Fun" Chat! - Page 19 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 11:39 pm

Mangatsika wrote:
Ben wrote:
Mangatsika wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
Mangatsika wrote:

Gandhi was a politician.

...yaknow. Just saying.

Wait, what?!

Gandhi and Jimmy Carter were definitely not people worthy of honor, and I'm not going to make as bold statements about the other two characters but still, they weren't anyone so super special...

If you wanted a good person to use as an example, you should've used Ronald Reagan.
Back to top Go down
Deus Otiosus
Deus Otiosus

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   "Fun" Chat! - Page 19 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 1:08 am

Ben wrote:
Mangatsika wrote:
Ben wrote:
Mangatsika wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
Gandhi was a politician.

...yaknow. Just saying.

Wait, what?!

Gandhi and Jimmy Carter were definitely not people worthy of honor, and I'm not going to make as bold statements about the other two characters but still, they weren't anyone so super special...

If you wanted a good person to use as an example, you should've used Ronald Reagan.
Or Adolf Hitler.
Back to top Go down
Ben
Root Admin
Root Admin
Ben

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   "Fun" Chat! - Page 19 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 1:27 am

Deus Otiosus wrote:
Ben wrote:

Or Adolf Hitler.

Neutral

Have you ever wondered why your reputation score is so low?
Back to top Go down
Caleb Z.
Caleb Z.

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   "Fun" Chat! - Page 19 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 3:14 am

Medieval Guy wrote:
Brian wrote:

Dude. Do you have any idea how extremely important science is to your life? What is technology but applied science? And from another perspective, science often the difference between life and death. Millions of lives have been saved by science! And in the case of Global Warming... science has given us a chance to see the err of our ways, and if we're smart, the ability to save our planet. That is why this stuff matters too you.

I hope you know there's no such thing as global warming, it's fake. There's no evidence for it.
Back to top Go down
Deus Otiosus
Deus Otiosus

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   "Fun" Chat! - Page 19 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 3:41 am

Ben wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
Ben wrote:

Or Adolf Hitler.

Neutral

Just noticed it today, but I never wondered. I don't try to make people love me. I do stuff for me, because nobody is as beautiful or intelligent as me.

Name one person that is better to be than me.
Back to top Go down
Deus Otiosus
Deus Otiosus

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   "Fun" Chat! - Page 19 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 3:44 am

Caleb Z. wrote:
Medieval Guy wrote:
Brian wrote:

I hope you know there's no such thing as global warming, it's fake. There's no evidence for it.
There's evidence, there's warming, but there's no evidence man plays an importaint role. The fact is, we're just comming out of a semi-ice age.
Back to top Go down
Owen S.
Owen S.

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   "Fun" Chat! - Page 19 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 3:55 am

Deus Otiosus wrote:
Ben wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
Ben wrote:

Or Adolf Hitler.

Neutral

Just noticed it today, but I never wondered. I don't try to make people love me. I do stuff for me, because nobody is as beautiful or intelligent as me.

Name one person that is better to be than me.
God.
Back to top Go down
Owen S.
Owen S.

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   "Fun" Chat! - Page 19 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 3:56 am

Deus Otiosus wrote:
Caleb Z. wrote:
Medieval Guy wrote:
Brian wrote:

There's evidence, there's warming, but there's no evidence man plays an importaint role. The fact is, we're just comming out of a semi-ice age.
Actually, I heard that we're going INTO a mini ice age.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   "Fun" Chat! - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

"Fun" Chat!
Page 19 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24 ... 29  Next