The TFOL Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Made by TFOLs, run by TFOLs, and only for TFOLs.

HomeFrontpageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!

Go down 
+15
Athanasios
Aree't'sa
Ehh
Owen S.
Caleb Z.
Ben
BiO.Andrew
Medieval Guy
Matt Novosad
Mangatsika
E.K.O.
Ru
Wangster
cjg
Deus Otiosus
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Deus Otiosus
Deus Otiosus

LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set! Empty
PostSubject: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set! EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 11:46 pm

WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!

Crazy awesome - 1% net profit from the set, with thousands of sets sold, for 10-50 eur each... I'm talking hundreds!!!

Let me paste the official press release:

Turn your model wishes into reality with LEGO® CUUSOO
LEGO consumers can now give their great ideas directly to the LEGO Group using the LEGO CUUSOO website. Ideas that collect 10,000 supporters could be selected to become part of the toy manufacturers’ product line

BILLUND, Denmark – The LEGO Group announced today that LEGO® CUUSOO, its new international web-based open innovation and crowd sourcing platform, is now available in open beta.

LEGO CUUSOO is an idea collection system that asks the Danish toy manufacturers’ consumers to submit and vote for their favourite ideas for new LEGO products. It can be found at http://lego.cuusoo.com

Ideas that are supported by 10,000 votes have a chance of being selected to become part of the LEGO Group’s product portfolio and sold in LEGO Brand retail stores and the LEGO online shop. Consumers who have their ideas chosen will earn 1% of the total net sales of the product

CUUSOO, which means ‘imagination’ or sometimes ‘wish’ in Japanese, has been developed with CUUSOO SYSTEM, a subsidiary of Japan-based Elephant Design that has worked with open innovation and crowd sourcing for more than 10 years.

The LEGO Group has worked with CUUSOO since 2008 on a Japanese site that has attracted hundreds of ideas and seen thousands of votes cast by a 20,000-strong community. Now the time has come to test the concept internationally.

The first Japanese product, the Shinkai 6500 submersible, went on sale in Japan in February 2011. The next Japanese LEGO CUUSOO model will be the Hayabusa unmanned spacecraft launched in the first quarter of next year. “Our fans and consumers have proved time after time that they have great ideas that can lead to products,” said Paal Smith-Meyer, head of the LEGO New Business Group.

LEGO Cuusoo Shinkai submarine

“We have worked with our consumers in the past and continue to do so, for example in the LEGO Architecture series, which we developed with an architect and LEGO fan. LEGO CUUSOO is an attempt to gather more great ideas while streamlining the way we innovate and become inspired.”

“We see this as an investment in the future rather than for immediate sales gain. We are moving from a local Japanese pilot to see if the model is sustainable. We were pleased with the initial results, but we need to see how it will perform on a global platform with global distribution,” he added.

Join here.
Back to top Go down
cjg
Settling In
Settling In
cjg

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set! EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 11:51 pm

Oh yes. Smile
Back to top Go down
Wangster
Not Going Anywhere
Not Going Anywhere
Wangster

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set! EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 5:04 am

YEAH!! WHOOOO!!!! I already made an account!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Ru
Ru

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set! EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 6:18 am

That sounds pretty awesome! I'll have to check it out.
Back to top Go down
E.K.O.
E.K.O.

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set! EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 8:08 pm

Sounds nice!
Back to top Go down
Wangster
Not Going Anywhere
Not Going Anywhere
Wangster

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set! EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 8:54 am

E.K.Ocreations wrote:
Sounds nice!
More than nice, E.K.O! If your "Set" gets mass-produced, you get 1% of the income!! That may not sound a lot, but consider this: Let's say you make a $100 set. In one month Lego sells 200 of them. You get $20! I know, it's not a lot but it adds up!!
Back to top Go down
Mangatsika
Established Member
Established Member
Mangatsika

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set! EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 9:52 am

Seems quite cool. However, it would be hard to get other companies' IP sets made (Since TLG would have to get a license), and it would be terribly difficult for one to create something that would only work under its own theme. I'm guessing famous landmarks and castles are the way to go if you actually have hopes of your set being made.
Back to top Go down
Deus Otiosus
Deus Otiosus

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set! EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 6:56 pm

Mangatsika wrote:
Seems quite cool. However, it would be hard to get other companies' IP sets made (Since TLG would have to get a license), and it would be terribly difficult for one to create something that would only work under its own theme. I'm guessing famous landmarks and castles are the way to go if you actually have hopes of your set being made.

Space, town, castle.
Back to top Go down
Deus Otiosus
Deus Otiosus

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set! EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 6:57 pm

Wangster wrote:
E.K.Ocreations wrote:
Sounds nice!
More than nice, E.K.O! If your "Set" gets mass-produced, you get 1% of the income!! That may not sound a lot, but consider this: Let's say you make a $100 set. In one month Lego sells 200 of them. You get $20! I know, it's not a lot but it adds up!!

They sell 200 sets? Only 200?!

THOUSANDS.
Back to top Go down
Matt Novosad
Settling In
Settling In
Matt Novosad

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set! EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 10:08 pm

This sounds awesome.
Back to top Go down
Wangster
Not Going Anywhere
Not Going Anywhere
Wangster

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set! EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 5:42 am

Deus Otiosus wrote:
Wangster wrote:
E.K.Ocreations wrote:
Sounds nice!

They sell 200 sets? Only 200?!

THOUSANDS.
I know, but hypothetically speaking, you would get X amount of money for your set.
Back to top Go down
Medieval Guy
Medieval Guy

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set! EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 10:17 pm

This is great! The thing I'm wondering is will TLG ask you for instructions? Or will they just design it themselves and use your concept?
Back to top Go down
BiO.Andrew
Not Scared Off Yet
Not Scared Off Yet

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set! EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 6:35 am

The title is incorrect. The profit is not the best part. The profit is really insignificant. I'm participating in this, and I don't care about the profit one bit. The important thing is that lego has listened to us, and that we've got a chance to share our ideas with the world, when so often it is difficult to do that.

Still, OMG THIS IS AMAZING!
Back to top Go down
Deus Otiosus
Deus Otiosus

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set! EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 4:42 am

BiO.Andrew wrote:
The title is incorrect. The profit is not the best part.

Pfft. How do you intend to pay your next cracklink order if you don't care about money? And the one after that? And the dozens to come?
Back to top Go down
Medieval Guy
Medieval Guy

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set! EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 5:01 am

If I were to miraculously get 10,000 votes, all the money (or most of it) would go to future MOCs. Oh, and if any of us enter this thing, can we post links here so that everyone can vote for it?
Back to top Go down
Medieval Guy
Medieval Guy

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set! EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 5:07 am

I'm building somethig that I'm considering entering now. It looks to be my most detailed MOC yet, and it has some new techniques that I created.
Back to top Go down
Deus Otiosus
Deus Otiosus

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set! EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 6:03 am

Medieval Guy wrote:
I'm building somethig that I'm considering entering now. It looks to be my most detailed MOC yet, and it has some new techniques that I created.

Just make it nice, simple and playable. And preferably one of the set sizes.
Back to top Go down
Medieval Guy
Medieval Guy

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set! EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 6:26 am

Deus Otiosus wrote:
Medieval Guy wrote:

Just make it nice, simple and playable. And preferably one of the set sizes.

Oh, it's playable. Not necessarily simple, but not too horribly complex. As for set size: This'd probably run from $75-$125 (I'm not yet sure of the exact size)
Back to top Go down
Deus Otiosus
Deus Otiosus

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set! EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 2:22 am

I must say though, my country's LUG wasn't as excited as you guys are... They don't cease the opportunity, even if it's "playing on the crowd" or "creative drought"
Back to top Go down
Wangster
Not Going Anywhere
Not Going Anywhere
Wangster

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set! EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 2:43 am

WHOO!!! I'm LOVING this CUUSOO thing!! What if one of us actually won??? THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!! FREE FUNDING FOR MOCS!!!!
Back to top Go down
Medieval Guy
Medieval Guy

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set! EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 5:16 am

Let's make an agreement now: We all help each other get votes!
Back to top Go down
cjg
Settling In
Settling In
cjg

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set! EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 8:34 am

Medieval Guy wrote:
Let's make an agreement now: We all help each other get votes!
I'll do it! Smile
Back to top Go down
Ben
Root Admin
Root Admin
Ben

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set! EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 3:31 pm

Hey guys, post a link to your LEGO CUUSOO account here so we can all support each other!!

Mine is here!

Support mah stuffz, plz Smile
Back to top Go down
Ben
Root Admin
Root Admin
Ben

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set! EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 3:32 pm

Wangster wrote:
WHOO!!! I'm LOVING this CUUSOO thing!! What if one of us actually won??? THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!! FREE FUNDING FOR MOCS!!!!

Or camera equiptment!!!!!

What?

Smile
Back to top Go down
Caleb Z.
Caleb Z.

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set! EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 4:56 am

Back to top Go down
Wangster
Not Going Anywhere
Not Going Anywhere
Wangster

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set! EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 5:51 am

Ben wrote:
Wangster wrote:

Or camera equiptment!!!!!

What?

Smile
Well, camera equipment is good too!!! Also you could get some editing programs to make special effects for brickfilms!!!
Back to top Go down
Ben
Root Admin
Root Admin
Ben

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set! EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 2:27 pm

Caleb Z. wrote:
here's mine: http://lego.cuusoo.com/mypage

Oops, didn't work Wink It linked to my page... what is your username?

Please check this out , guys Happy
Back to top Go down
BiO.Andrew
Not Scared Off Yet
Not Scared Off Yet

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set! EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 2:53 am

Deus Otiosus wrote:
BiO.Andrew wrote:

Pfft. How do you intend to pay your next cracklink order if you don't care about money? And the one after that? And the dozens to come?
What I meant is that, in my mind, the profit isn't all that important. It's more important that lego listened to our pleas.
Back to top Go down
Ben
Root Admin
Root Admin
Ben

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set! EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 2:29 pm

BiO.Andrew wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
BiO.Andrew wrote:

What I meant is that, in my mind, the profit isn't all that important. It's more important that lego listened to our pleas.

Yeah, but the money is nice Smile
Back to top Go down
Caleb Z.
Caleb Z.

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set! EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 7:23 pm

Ben wrote:
Caleb Z. wrote:
here's mine: http://lego.cuusoo.com/mypage

Oops, didn't work Wink It linked to my page... what is your username?

My username is CalebZ
Back to top Go down
Wangster
Not Going Anywhere
Not Going Anywhere
Wangster

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set! EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 11:15 pm

Hmm, do you think LEGO will allow to sell rubber band guns?
Back to top Go down
Ben
Root Admin
Root Admin
Ben

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set! EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 1:14 am

Wangster wrote:
Hmm, do you think LEGO will allow to sell rubber band guns?

Probably not Smile
Back to top Go down
Medieval Guy
Medieval Guy

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set! EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 7:54 am

After the MIT I hope to design something for this. Has everyone supported Flare's stuff yet?
Back to top Go down
Ben
Root Admin
Root Admin
Ben

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set! EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 10:03 pm

Medieval Guy wrote:
After the MIT I hope to design something for this. Has everyone supported Flare's stuff yet?

Doesn't appear so
Back to top Go down
Wangster
Not Going Anywhere
Not Going Anywhere
Wangster

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set! EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 4:31 am

Ben wrote:
Medieval Guy wrote:

Doesn't appear so
Hey!! I HAVE!!! (At least I think so)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set! Empty

Back to top Go down

LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next