The TFOL Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Made by TFOLs, run by TFOLs, and only for TFOLs.

HomeFrontpageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where do you live?

Go down 
+13
Athanasios
Hayden.
Aree't'sa
Caleb Z.
SISE The AI
Medieval Guy
Mangatsika
Ru
Eric 'Hawk' Mickle
Ben
Deus Otiosus
Wangster
E.K.O.
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
E.K.O.
E.K.O.

Where do you live? Empty
PostSubject: Where do you live?   Where do you live? EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 6:12 am

Where are do live? Do you live in New York, Paris, Perth, or Chernobyl?

Anyway, in this topic you can let other people know in which country/state you live in, and also let them know other things about your country/state, like what stuff from your area is famous in other countries, what your country is like, and other stuff like that. Feel free to share pictures from your area. I'm not sure if political talk is allowed, though.

I live in Gävle, Sweden. Gävle is a nice city, although I would really like to live in Stockholm, the capital.

Sweden is famous for it's red houses, mooses, IKEA, and all the forests. Sweden may not be very famous for this, but the game Minecraft I know a lot of you are playing is actually from Sweden.

Sweden is not as snowy and cold as you may think. The summers can be very warm. But the winters are very snowy and cold!

Here's some of my photos from Sweden on my Flickr:
View From A Bridge

Goat Sculpture

View Over Lake Fryken

I have much more photos from Sweden on my Flickr. You can also take a look at my "Sig E.K.O Figgys Vacation" series on Mocpages, if you want to see more pics from Sweden.
Back to top Go down
Wangster
Not Going Anywhere
Not Going Anywhere
Wangster

Where do you live? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 6:24 am

No offence or anything, but isn't it kind of creepy that you're asking people where they live?? Oh Ah, well. Additionally, you can just take one look ant anyone's profile and they'll probably tell their location.
Love the pics though!!!
Back to top Go down
E.K.O.
E.K.O.

Where do you live? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 7:05 pm

Wangster wrote:
No offence or anything, but isn't it kind of creepy that you're asking people where they live?? Oh Ah, well. Additionally, you can just take one look ant anyone's profile and they'll probably tell their location.
Love the pics though!!!
Why is it creepy? And this topic was made so people could reveal more about what their country is like.
I'm glad you like my pics, though. Smile
Back to top Go down
Deus Otiosus
Deus Otiosus

Where do you live? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 10:10 pm

Wangster wrote:
Love the pics though!!!

It's not creepy!

Anyways, could you tell me what you're wearing?
Back to top Go down
Ben
Root Admin
Root Admin
Ben

Where do you live? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 11:57 pm

I live in Israel Smile

Go look on my flickrstream for some pictures of there.
Back to top Go down
Eric 'Hawk' Mickle
Established Member
Established Member
Eric 'Hawk' Mickle

Where do you live? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 5:09 am

I live near the undead-infested backwoods of Ortonville Michigan. It's relatively quiet, save for those who fight against the brain-eating hordes.

Ya....
Back to top Go down
Ru
Ru

Where do you live? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 8:34 am

I live in land of livermush and country music.
Here, all thing that break the boundries of normal are frowned upon. Here, everyone (except me) is related to everyone.
And here, the making of a man is defined by the hair on his chest and the deer heads on his wall, the red on his neck and the grease on his clothes.

The dirty, dirty south. Can't wait to get out of here.
Back to top Go down
Mangatsika
Established Member
Established Member
Mangatsika

Where do you live? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 10:52 am

The land of Canada is a sad one. Digging through 4 feet of snow every day can be detrimental to your health, but at least we don't have to pay for the doctor when we get sick. Those wealthy enough usually ride a sled pulled by dogs to school, the poorer have to do with a saddle and a polar bear. Those on the coast usually just paddle a canoe, since all of their snow turns into rain before it hits the ground. Whenever we get too cold, we grab our beaver to gnaw down a tree and throw it onto the fire to warm us up. Any water we come across is frozen, so we drink only beer and, in some extreme cases, maple syrup, although usually we just use it as a sauce to cover or meals, which are typically hunted caribou.

And that's just during the summer.
Back to top Go down
Medieval Guy
Medieval Guy

Where do you live? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 4:07 am

Everyone is making their countries/states/cities sound horrible. I'll tell mine as it really is.

I live in the not-so-great state if Oklahoma. Where summers are horrifically hot and winters can't decide whether to be warm or cold (Seriously, once we had a big snow, and a few days later it was about 50° Farenheit. I was sledding in a tee shirt.) The little precipitation we recieve is quickly soaked into the thirsty ground. We are in a constant burn ban, as the giant pile of brush out back that needs to be burned can attest to.

Did I mention tornados? My house has been hit before. Luckily, we only lost one wall. My neighbors lost their entire house.

For some unfathomable reason, I like it here.
Back to top Go down
SISE The AI
Friend of the Regime
Friend of the Regime
SISE The AI

Where do you live? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 4:27 am

I was born in a city called Belém, capital of Brazil's state of Pará. I moved to Marabá, a city located in the southeast region of the aforementioned state. Now, I live on the state under Pará, Tocantins. Capital city, Palmas. It's nice here, doesn't differ much from Marabá: Hot-ish and rainy summers; (Inferno)-hot winters; that's south hemisphere for ya. The only difference between here and Marabá, it's the flora and the climate. Marabá's in Amazon Rain Forest, while Palmas' in Cerrado, a savana-like region, so it's more windy around here. It's a nice and organized city, as it was projected by architects, like the country's capital, Brasília. Well, it's nowhere near Brasília, but it's the same basis: a projected and organized city. I like here Happy

Mangatsika wrote:
(basically he says his country is awful)

Why, Canada can't be that bad. I think that's an exaggeration of your part.
Back to top Go down
Eric 'Hawk' Mickle
Established Member
Established Member
Eric 'Hawk' Mickle

Where do you live? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 5:38 am

Medieval Guy wrote:
Everyone is making their countries/states/cities sound horrible. I'll tell mine as it really is.

I wasn't lying, it's scary here.
Back to top Go down
Caleb Z.
Caleb Z.

Where do you live? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 6:49 am

I live in New England, cold, snowy, and lots of fun. There's a little bit of everything, except for rodeos. But i'm glad I don't live in the deep south were people get scared when there's a small chance for a inch of snow.
Back to top Go down
Ru
Ru

Where do you live? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 6:59 am

Medieval Guy wrote:
Everyone is making their countries/states/cities sound horrible.
Well, the place it's self isn't bad, it's the people that peeve me.
Most just can't wrap there minds around an aritistic, vegitarian, free thinking chap like myself. Legos? What teenager would play with Legos when he could be hunting or driving his pick up truck around town.
And there are other cities in North Carolina which I love, but where I live just disgusts me.
Back to top Go down
Mangatsika
Established Member
Established Member
Mangatsika

Where do you live? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 12:14 pm

SISE wrote:

Mangatsika wrote:
(basically he says his country is awful)

Why, Canada can't be that bad. I think that's an exaggeration of your part.

I was just trying to come up with all of the Canadian stereotypes I could - in reality where I live (1 hour south west of Toronto) probably has the exact same climate as any mid-European city. To be honest, it's the perfect climate for me: not too cold, but not too many bugs either.
Back to top Go down
Aree't'sa
Administrator
Administrator
Aree't'sa

Where do you live? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 9:35 pm

I haven't got a clue. Pretty much the only times I'm in town are when I'm either buying stuff or being volunteered for something-or-the-other.
Back to top Go down
Medieval Guy
Medieval Guy

Where do you live? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 10:04 pm

Quote :
Well, the place it's self isn't bad, it's the people that peeve me.
Most just can't wrap there minds around an aritistic, vegitarian, free thinking chap like myself. Legos? What teenager would play with Legos when he could be hunting or driving his pick up truck around town.
And there are other cities in North Carolina which I love, but where I live just disgusts me.
Well, I can certainly see your problem there. Is your sister vegetarian as well?
Back to top Go down
Deus Otiosus
Deus Otiosus

Where do you live? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 4:02 am

Ru wrote:
Medieval Guy wrote:
Everyone is making their countries/states/cities sound horrible.
vegitarian

Vegetarian? Hahahahaha!!!...
Back to top Go down
Medieval Guy
Medieval Guy

Where do you live? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 6:07 am

Hey ben, why did you move to Israel?
Back to top Go down
Ben
Root Admin
Root Admin
Ben

Where do you live? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 10:53 pm

Mangatsika wrote:

I was just trying to come up with all of the Canadian stereotypes I could - in reality where I live (1 hour south west of Toronto) probably has the exact same climate as any mid-European city. To be honest, it's the perfect climate for me: not too cold, but not too many bugs either.

Yeah, its not that bad, eh.
Back to top Go down
Ben
Root Admin
Root Admin
Ben

Where do you live? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 1:01 am

Medieval Guy wrote:

Well, its because my parents have always wanted to, and then the opportunities opened up and we moved Happy
Back to top Go down
Aree't'sa
Administrator
Administrator
Aree't'sa

Where do you live? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 7:12 am

Ru wrote:
I live in land of livermush and country music.
Here, all thing that break the boundries of normal are frowned upon. Here, everyone (except me) is related to everyone.
And here, the making of a man is defined by the hair on his chest and the deer heads on his wall, the red on his neck and the grease on his clothes.

The dirty, dirty south. Can't wait to get out of here.
Did someone say hipster?
Back to top Go down
Hayden.
Hayden.

Where do you live? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 2:02 am

I'm British, always have been and probably always will be.
But for 4 years I have been living in Norway in a constant state of bouncing north to my mums research facility and my dads office in the south, Oslo to be precise then we came back and now i live in a small town called Maidenhead around 45 miles from london ( for anyone who don't know squat, London is England's capital,Not britain's though)
Back to top Go down
Hayden.
Hayden.

Where do you live? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 2:02 am

[quote="Ben"][quote="Medieval Guy"]Hey ben, why did you move to Israel?[/quote]

Well, its because my parents have always wanted to, and then the opportunities opened up and we moved :) [/quote]
So your not Israeli? Just a american who moved?
Back to top Go down
Ben
Root Admin
Root Admin
Ben

Where do you live? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 2:08 am

Zac. wrote:
Ben wrote:
Medieval Guy wrote:

Well, its because my parents have always wanted to, and then the opportunities opened up and we moved Happy
So your not Israeli? Just a american who moved?

I'm Jewish, and now I am both American and Israeli!
Back to top Go down
Ben
Root Admin
Root Admin
Ben

Where do you live? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 2:08 am

Zac. wrote:
I'm British, always have been and probably always will be.
But for 4 years I have been living in Norway in a constant state of bouncing north to my mums research facility and my dads office in the south, Oslo to be precise then we came back and now i live in a small town called Maidenhead around 45 miles from london ( for anyone who don't know squat, London is England's capital,Not britain's though)

Nicd! But wait. What is britains capital, if not London? Worried
Back to top Go down
Hayden.
Hayden.

Where do you live? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 3:23 am

[quote="Ben"][quote="Zac."]I'm British, always have been and probably always will be.
But for 4 years I have been living in Norway in a constant state of bouncing north to my mums research facility and my dads office in the south, Oslo to be precise then we came back and now i live in a small town called Maidenhead around 45 miles from london ( for anyone who don't know squat, London is England's capital,Not britain's though)[/quote]

Nicd! But wait. What is britains capital, if not London? :S [/quote]
@Britain doesn't have a capital.
Britain is the collaborative name for Northern Ireland(Capital: Belfast),Scotland (Capital: Edinburgh),Wales (Capital: Cardiff) And England (Capital: London) All is controlled by the British parliament In London but not London it self.
And just to confuse you Scotland's got its own parliament.
Back to top Go down
Deus Otiosus
Deus Otiosus

Where do you live? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 4:29 am

And yet it's hard to find someone that cares.

Compared to me, you're lucky! Someone asked me in a comment today if I was russian, because he saw Slovenian flag and thought it was russian.
Back to top Go down
Ben
Root Admin
Root Admin
Ben

Where do you live? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 8:47 pm

Deus Otiosus wrote:
And yet it's hard to find someone that cares.

Compared to me, you're lucky! Someone asked me in a comment today if I was russian, because he saw Slovenian flag and thought it was russian.

Lol fail.
Back to top Go down
Athanasios
Athanasios

Where do you live? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 8:47 pm

Greece! The land of warm beaches and Gyros.
Back to top Go down
Ben
Root Admin
Root Admin
Ben

Where do you live? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 8:49 pm

Athanasios wrote:

I bet it isn't that warm now, though...
Back to top Go down
Athanasios
Athanasios

Where do you live? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 9:01 pm

Ben wrote:
Athanasios wrote:

You'd be surprised. It is actually pretty warm. It's about 12-14 degrees outside.
Back to top Go down
Owen S.
Owen S.

Where do you live? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 9:02 pm

Athanasios wrote:
Ben wrote:
Athanasios wrote:

You'd be surprised. It is actually pretty warm. It's about 12-14 degrees outside.
And that's warm... how?
Back to top Go down
Medieval Guy
Medieval Guy

Where do you live? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 9:06 pm

Owen S. wrote:
Athanasios wrote:
Ben wrote:
Athanasios wrote:

And that's warm... how?
Celsius.
Back to top Go down
Athanasios
Athanasios

Where do you live? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 9:07 pm

Owen S. wrote:
Athanasios wrote:
Ben wrote:
Athanasios wrote:

And that's warm... how?

Compared to other places, where there's snow and stuff. I haven't had a white Christmas ever in my life. Seriously.

Although I guess we can suffice to say the Jesus didn't either, since he was in the Middle East > Israel > Jerusalem at the time. Smile
Back to top Go down
Athanasios
Athanasios

Where do you live? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 9:08 pm

Medieval Guy wrote:
Owen S. wrote:
Athanasios wrote:
Ben wrote:
Athanasios wrote:

And that's warm... how?
Celsius.

Obviously. Oh, right... I forget that people in the states use Farenheit. Or whatever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Where do you live? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? Empty

Back to top Go down

Where do you live?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The TFOL Forums :: Community :: General Discussions-
Jump to: