The TFOL Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Made by TFOLs, run by TFOLs, and only for TFOLs.

HomeFrontpageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How's life treating you?

Go down 
+24
Brian
Marty Ford
Captain Decius
Owen S.
Master K. H.
Ehh
A.S.
Medieval Guy
SaberCascade
E.K.O.
Stardusty
Mangatsika
Wangster
cjg
Matt Novosad
Deus Otiosus
AA(Noname)
SISE The AI
Awesome-o-saurus
Hayden.
Ben
Caleb Z.
Ru
Aree't'sa
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Owen S.
Owen S.

How's life treating you? - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's life treating you?   How's life treating you? - Page 10 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 3:53 am

Yapdap wrote:
Job? Who wants a job? I'm going to have a job for a short period of time, invest my money in reliable assets, and then I'll never have to work again. Of course it's a lot more complicated than that, so if you want to know more, read Rich Dad, Poor Dad.
Sorry, bro, not gonna happen. How are you gonna pay your bills for your whole life?
Back to top Go down
Deus Otiosus
Deus Otiosus

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating you?   How's life treating you? - Page 10 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 3:56 am

Owen S. wrote:
Yapdap wrote:
Job? Who wants a job? I'm going to have a job for a short period of time, invest my money in reliable assets, and then I'll never have to work again. Of course it's a lot more complicated than that, so if you want to know more, read Rich Dad, Poor Dad.
Sorry, bro, not gonna happen. How are you gonna pay your bills for your whole life?
He said "safe investments". What he doesn't know is that nothing is safe and there's more work with stock market than a usual job.
Back to top Go down
Mangatsika
Established Member
Established Member
Mangatsika

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating you?   How's life treating you? - Page 10 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 4:43 am

Deus Otiosus wrote:
Owen S. wrote:
Yapdap wrote:
He said "safe investments". What he doesn't know is that nothing is safe and there's more work with stock market than a usual job.
They say "safe investments" are an oxymoron. The only remotely safe investment you can make are savings bonds, but even those have very low payout and won't be able to sustain you for life.
Back to top Go down
Deus Otiosus
Deus Otiosus

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating you?   How's life treating you? - Page 10 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 5:09 am

Mangatsika wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
Owen S. wrote:
Yapdap wrote:
They say "safe investments" are an oxymoron. The only remotely safe investment you can make are savings bonds, but even those have very low payout and won't be able to sustain you for life.
There is another thing. Gold is a safe investment in inflation, because money is based on it, so it's value grows with money's falling. But you need extreme amounts of start-up money to keep you on the surface.
Back to top Go down
Medieval Guy
Medieval Guy

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating you?   How's life treating you? - Page 10 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 5:38 am

Deus Otiosus wrote:
Mangatsika wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
Owen S. wrote:
Yapdap wrote:
There is another thing. Gold is a safe investment in inflation, because money is based on it, so it's value grows with money's falling. But you need extreme amounts of start-up money to keep you on the surface.
Right. Unless you had hundreds of thousands of dollars, your money doublin or even tripling still wouldn't be enough to keep you (and possibly a family) going.
Back to top Go down
Aree't'sa
Administrator
Administrator
Aree't'sa

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating you?   How's life treating you? - Page 10 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 7:01 am

Deus Otiosus wrote:
The thing about investments is that if they're safe, they're not going to make reasonable amounts of money. On the other hand, if you manage to grab a bunch of shares for a company before it gets really popular, and then sell them off at the peak of demand, you'll A: make a small fortune and B: get out of it before the new bubble collapses.
Back to top Go down
Mangatsika
Established Member
Established Member
Mangatsika

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating you?   How's life treating you? - Page 10 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 8:11 am

Aree't'sa wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
The thing about investments is that if they're safe, they're not going to make reasonable amounts of money. On the other hand, if you manage to grab a bunch of shares for a company before it gets really popular, and then sell them off at the peak of demand, you'll A: make a small fortune and B: get out of it before the new bubble collapses.
Sound financial advice: buy during a depression, sell during a bubble. Everyone else does it the other way around.
Back to top Go down
Medieval Guy
Medieval Guy

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating you?   How's life treating you? - Page 10 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 9:40 am

Mangatsika wrote:
Aree't'sa wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
Sound financial advice: buy during a depression, sell during a bubble. Everyone else does it the other way around.
Good advice...if you know when the stock is done dropping. I tried this stategy (yes, I do have some money invested, not a lot though) and the stock dropped some more. I need to see if it's back up (I don't chek very often).
Back to top Go down
Deus Otiosus
Deus Otiosus

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating you?   How's life treating you? - Page 10 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 4:53 am

AAAAAAAA!!!

So tense!

In my MOCoff with Unitronus, I'm leading by 1 point (out of 100) and one of 5 judges still has to judge!
Back to top Go down
Medieval Guy
Medieval Guy

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating you?   How's life treating you? - Page 10 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 6:17 am

Deus Otiosus wrote:
AAAAAAAA!!!

So tense!

In my MOCoff with Unitronus, I'm leading by 1 point (out of 100) and one of 5 judges still has to judge!
Is Unitronus the same person as Stormbringer? That's who you had a MOC-off with, right?
Back to top Go down
Ru
Ru

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating you?   How's life treating you? - Page 10 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 11:07 am

Deus Otiosus wrote:
AAAAAAAA!!!

So tense!

Oooooh...

Back to top Go down
Ru
Ru

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating you?   How's life treating you? - Page 10 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 11:08 am

Medieval Guy wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
AAAAAAAA!!!

So tense!

Is Unitronus the same person as Stormbringer? That's who you had a MOC-off with, right?
Yah, he used to be called Unitronus.
Back to top Go down
Deus Otiosus
Deus Otiosus

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating you?   How's life treating you? - Page 10 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 8:59 pm

And we're tied.
Back to top Go down
Aree't'sa
Administrator
Administrator
Aree't'sa

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating you?   How's life treating you? - Page 10 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 8:07 pm

Been having PC issues lately. Cut short: the CPU's running twice as hot as it should.
Back to top Go down
Deus Otiosus
Deus Otiosus

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating you?   How's life treating you? - Page 10 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 8:37 pm

Aree't'sa wrote:
Been having PC issues lately. Cut short: the CPU's running twice as hot as it should.
I'll get the marshmallows!
Back to top Go down
Wangster
Not Going Anywhere
Not Going Anywhere
Wangster

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating you?   How's life treating you? - Page 10 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 10:05 pm

Aree't'sa wrote:
Ouch, that happened to my sister's CPU, and the heat damaged the sound chip and now the sound doesn't work.....
Back to top Go down
Brian
Doing Well Enough
Doing Well Enough

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating you?   How's life treating you? - Page 10 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 5:27 am

Good, I suppose... Girls, the lot, are being pretty awesome to me at the moment...

I had computer problems this week, but I fixed it.

Back to top Go down
Wangster
Not Going Anywhere
Not Going Anywhere
Wangster

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating you?   How's life treating you? - Page 10 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 10:16 am

Brian wrote:
Good, I suppose... Girls, the lot, are being pretty awesome to me at the moment...

Why must the teenage years be the years that (most of us) seek the opposite gender??
Back to top Go down
Mangatsika
Established Member
Established Member
Mangatsika

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating you?   How's life treating you? - Page 10 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 2:47 pm

Wangster wrote:
Brian wrote:

Why must the teenage years be the years that (most of us) seek the opposite gender??
Biology. Puberty. Hormones.
Back to top Go down
Wangster
Not Going Anywhere
Not Going Anywhere
Wangster

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating you?   How's life treating you? - Page 10 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 7:49 am

Mangatsika wrote:

Besides the obvious... WHY must the teenage years be the years that we seek the opposite gender? Yeah, I know part of it is biology, and the cycle of life, but I stress again, WHY?!??!?!? Biology would explain why I get mobbed everyday at school... Anyways, LIFE IS GREAT!!! TODAY IS MAH BIRTHDAY!!! I'M 14!!!!! WHOOOOOO!!!!
Back to top Go down
Brian
Doing Well Enough
Doing Well Enough

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating you?   How's life treating you? - Page 10 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:03 am

Wangster wrote:
Mangatsika wrote:

Besides the obvious... WHY must the teenage years be the years that we seek the opposite gender? Yeah, I know part of it is biology, and the cycle of life, but I stress again, WHY?!??!?!? Biology would explain why I get mobbed everyday at school... Anyways, LIFE IS GREAT!!! TODAY IS MAH BIRTHDAY!!! I'M 14!!!!! WHOOOOOO!!!!

I don't know, besides the obvious Tongue

Oh, and I'm lucky, girls know and don't care (they actually think it's cute) that I built LEGO.
Back to top Go down
Mangatsika
Established Member
Established Member
Mangatsika

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating you?   How's life treating you? - Page 10 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:09 am

Wangster wrote:
Mangatsika wrote:

Happy birthday.

Anyway, nature chose the teenage years to be the time to sexually mature because (I believe) the years afterwards (18-25) it is when we are at our physical peak and most attractive to the opposite gender, thereby increasing our incidence of reproduction.

Or it could be completely arbitrary.
Back to top Go down
Wangster
Not Going Anywhere
Not Going Anywhere
Wangster

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating you?   How's life treating you? - Page 10 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:50 am

Brian wrote:
Wangster wrote:
Mangatsika wrote:

I don't know, besides the obvious Tongue

Oh, and I'm lucky, girls know and don't care (they actually think it's cute) that I built LEGO.
Yeah, same here..... Everyone knows that I'm a TFOL, it's just that nobody uses it it against me, mostly because it CAN'T be used against me.

Mangatsika wrote:
Wangster wrote:
Mangatsika wrote:

Happy birthday.

Anyway, nature chose the teenage years to be the time to sexually mature because (I believe) the years afterwards (18-25) it is when we are at our physical peak and most attractive to the opposite gender, thereby increasing our incidence of reproduction.

I did not need to know that..., Oh well. I think it's completely arbitrary...
Back to top Go down
Deus Otiosus
Deus Otiosus

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating you?   How's life treating you? - Page 10 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 7:35 pm

Mangatsika wrote:
Wangster wrote:
Mangatsika wrote:

Happy birthday.

Actually, a person is the most appealing at that age because he/she mates at the depiced age. The question "why" is answered 90% by hormones, 10% by "culture". You are attracted to girls because of the same reason you are maturing, not because you are maturing.
Back to top Go down
Aree't'sa
Administrator
Administrator
Aree't'sa

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating you?   How's life treating you? - Page 10 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 7:56 pm

Here's how growing up works: for the first twelve years you're absolutely fine, then one day you arrive at school and realize that you're surrounded by plump, firm, female... attributes.

You then spend the rest of your life alternating between drooling stupidity and ordinary stupidity.
Back to top Go down
Brian
Doing Well Enough
Doing Well Enough

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating you?   How's life treating you? - Page 10 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 10:08 pm

Aree't'sa wrote:
Here's how growing up works: for the first twelve years you're absolutely fine, then one day you arrive at school and realize that you're surrounded by plump, firm, female... attributes.

You then spend the rest of your life alternating between drooling stupidity and ordinary stupidity.

Lolz.

Oh, and I'm happy, WAMALUG in two weeks, and I can make it Smile
Back to top Go down
Medieval Guy
Medieval Guy

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating you?   How's life treating you? - Page 10 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 7:51 am

Aree't'sa wrote:

Haha!
Back to top Go down
Wangster
Not Going Anywhere
Not Going Anywhere
Wangster

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating you?   How's life treating you? - Page 10 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 7:53 am

Ok. then....
Back to top Go down
Deus Otiosus
Deus Otiosus

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating you?   How's life treating you? - Page 10 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 11:03 pm

Just paid for my cracklink order! All I do now is wait.
Back to top Go down
Medieval Guy
Medieval Guy

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating you?   How's life treating you? - Page 10 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 5:50 am

Deus Otiosus wrote:
Sweet! What all did you get?
Back to top Go down
Deus Otiosus
Deus Otiosus

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating you?   How's life treating you? - Page 10 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 8:48 pm

Medieval Guy wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
Sweet! What all did you get?
Slopes, bricks, tiles, clips and tubes.
Back to top Go down
Aree't'sa
Administrator
Administrator
Aree't'sa

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating you?   How's life treating you? - Page 10 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 7:28 am

Deus Otiosus wrote:
...and tubes.
What, the internet doesn't provide you with enough of those?
Back to top Go down
Deus Otiosus
Deus Otiosus

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating you?   How's life treating you? - Page 10 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 6:32 pm

Aree't'sa wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
...and tubes.
What, the internet doesn't provide you with enough of those?
Well, I have to hoard now, in case ACTA passes through.
Back to top Go down
Hayden.
Hayden.

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating you?   How's life treating you? - Page 10 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 8:57 pm

Funny Question: How's life treating you?
And a not-so-funny-but-completely-true-answer: Terribly!
Back to top Go down
Deus Otiosus
Deus Otiosus

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating you?   How's life treating you? - Page 10 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 1:16 am

Zac. wrote:
Funny Question: How's life treating you?
And a not-so-funny-but-completely-true-answer: Terribly!
Completely your fault.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating you?   How's life treating you? - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

How's life treating you?
Page 10 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next